Welcome to Redondo Beach
Surfers gliding along tall waves and scores of people sitting on pristine sands basking in the sun – it’s no wonder Redondo Beach is a popular vacation spot and a great place to live for those who love the laidback, Southern Californian beach life.
Redondo Beach is divided into two areas: North Redondo and South Redondo. Anita, 190th, and Herondo Streets form some sort of border between these two distinct halves.
North Redondo is flatter than its southern counterpart. While it lacks immediate access to the beaches, North Redondo is closer to the freeway, making commuting to other areas in the South Bay easier. North Redondo is made up of 4 neighborhoods:
- Villas North
- Villas South
- El Nido
- The Golden Hills
South Redondo is popular for being just a stroll away from the South Bay’s beautiful beaches and its proximity to the best shops, sights, and activities in Redondo Beach.
Homes for Sale in Redondo Beach, CA
Many homes in Redondo Beach are listed as historical landmarks and are wonderful examples of Colonial, Craftsman, and Victorian architecture. California state laws, like the tax incentive Mills Act, encourage or require homeowners to maintain these historic homes.
The housing stock of North Redondo is a mix of townhomes, apartment buildings, and single-family homes. The neighborhood of Golden Hills is famous for its “tall and skinny” single-family homes – two-story homes of about 2,000 square feet on lots sized about 25 x 100 feet.
The El Nido portion of North Redondo is home to mature established properties found near parks and open spaces, schools, and shopping centers. South Redondo features some of the most desirable and luxurious homes in the area, particularly on the Lower Avenues. This section of Redondo Beach boasts more spacious single-family homes, townhomes, and multi-family homes than North Redondo. Condominiums can be found mostly along Catalina Avenue and The Esplanade.
Due to its prime location close to the beach, South Redondo properties tend to be more expensive than North Redondo homes.
Some of the most memorable homes Gerard has sold in Redondo Beach are the 2-bedroom units at the Cote d’Azur Villas. This luxurious gated community sits atop the bluffs of Hollywood Riviera, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. With its stunning views, it’s no wonder that it has been described as possessing “glittering beauty” since the 60s. Enjoy resort living with private access to the waters below, picnic areas, a heated swimming pool, and a clubhouse.
Living in Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach is served by The Redondo Beach Unified School District. It includes the highly rated Redondo Union School, which has one of the top journalism programs in the country and the only South Bay school with an Industrial Technology department. On the western side is the Redondo Shores Continuation High School.
- Enjoy exquisite sunsets and watch surfers and dolphins from the Redondo Beach Pier. The Pier is California’s longest “endless” pier at 70,000 square feet long. You’ll find over 50 different restaurants, entertainment options, and retail stores in the area.
- Formerly known as “The Hollywood Riviera” due to its popularity as a get-away for the glitterati, The Riviera Village boasts more than 300 establishments, including art galleries, boutiques, spas, fitness centers, restaurants, and more.
- The Esplanade offers access to a stretch of gorgeous beaches and is perfect for biking or jogging.
- Along the boardwalk of King Harbor, you’ll find shops and arcades. You can also enjoy ocean adventures such as sailing, kayaking, whale tours, and more.
- Your kids will have a blast at Hopkins Wilderness Park, a former Nike Missile Site from the Cold War, which is now a wooded pocket park. Families can feed the fish and turtles and go camping on weekends.
Experience the best of Southern California beach life in Redondo Beach today! Call Gerard Bisignano at (310) 990-4727 or send an email to email@example.com.